Our client based in Elstree is a highly specialised organisation, focussing on orthopaedic oncology, and complex primary and revision cases in the upper limb, lower limb and pelvis. They are currently looking for a Manufacturing/Production Engineer – ALM to provide day to day their production system to deliver finished product to the required Quality, Cost & Delivery.
Job Description :
· Support the Director of Manufacturing in delivering smooth & effective support to the manufacturing business.
· Achievement of KPI targets for, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Versatility.
· Promotes a Visual Management method of communication with the Team and others.
· Communicates by exception risk and/or concerns in time to allow recovery action planning.
· Ensures all company procedures are adhered to.
· Deals with constraints or secures support/assistance of Director of Manufacturing.
· Promote high level of housekeeping throughout manufacturing environment to 5S standard.
· Control & supervision of overtime working by prior agreement with the Director of Manufacturing.
· Ensures processes tools and technique are developed to best practice working with production.
· Creating & developing ALM components from models to product including post processing
· Identify ways to reduce costs.
· Identifying project costs and agreeing control limits with Director of Manufacturing.
· Work closely and be proactive with Design Engineers in order to optimize designs for machining & assembly (DFM).
· Analysis of and solutions to problems relating to the machining process (e.g. identifying weaknesses in these processes and initiating the appropriate actions).
· Collecting data and investigating non-conformances to initiate corrective actions to achieve the divisions quality targets.
· Define maintenance & TPM plans ensure plant/equipment is maintained & serviced in line with requirements.
· Supporting production on their daily targets and advise Production Team Leaders & setters/operators to ensure smooth machining processes. Training others as and when required.
· Give support to & lead manufacturing engineering activities for identifying long term manufacturing strategies.
· Generating process documentation and maintaining it (PFMEA, Control Plans, Flow Charts & Process docs e.g. Layout etc.)
· Specifying designs for fixtures & tooling for in house or subcontract manufacture.
· Perform other Manufacturing/production engineer activities as and when required Man Management
· Train and organize production staff during process hand over to production.
· Organise and chair meetings with other team members.
· Co-ordinate projects.
· Support project meetings in order to convey and ensure the adherence of DFM/DFA as applies to the manufacturing facility.
· Participates and supports continuous improvement teams and other working groups.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ideally degree qualified with a minimum of 5 years post graduate Manufacturing/production engineering experience, gained within a low to medium volume high quality high quality CNC/CAD/CAM environment
Ideally have a background ALM & direct laser sintering equipment
- Strong project management skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work under own initiative self starter
SYSTEM & KNOWLEDGE:
- Able to work with IT systems and possess a good level of PC literacy.
- Experience of working in a Quality Environment
- Experience of working within and implementing lean techniques
- Ideally experience of working with CAD (unigraphics) & CAM packages
Salary is between 35000 - 40000 GBP per annum
If you would like to be considered for this role, send your updated CV to -boutique.com.